ACORD, the global standards-setting body for the insurance industry, will hold its InsurTech Innovation Challenge (AIIC)
choose one finalist from London to join additional finalists from events in Chicago and New York at ACORD Connect this October in Boston. The winner of the final round will be awarded $15,000 cash and other prizes.
The London judging panel includes:
- Caroline Bedford, Head of Digital Minds at DXC
- Vivek Banga, Managing Director at Polaris
- Helen Crooks, Chief Data Officer at Lloyd’s of London
- Manjit Rana, InsurTech & Insurance Innovation Thought Leader, Managing Director, Corporate Innovation (InsurTech) at Rainmaking Innovation Ltd.
- Hélène Stanway, Digital Leader at AXA XL
Chris Newman, Managing Director of ACORD in London, said: “This is an incredibly exciting time in the London insurance market as the entire ecosystem looks for solutions that will ultimately benefit the buyers of insurance products and solutions. Our semi-finalists will be demonstrating how they can help underwriters and brokers do just that.
“The insurance market here thrives on collaboration and this Challenge is a tremendous example of the benefits of bringing together insurance innovators across all lines of business, investors and venture capital partners, technology start-ups, and industry mentors and experts. By working more closely together we can help to create the next-generation customer experience.”