As the gig economy grows, more vans are on UK roads than ever before, and many are leased or owned by relatively small businesses. All those entrepreneurs want 100 percent van security wherever possible, including alerts when a van is unlocked, or on the move. Brokers with commercial clients will also want to see their clients using the latest anti-theft and vehicle management technology.
Some interesting news this week from Ford;
Ford launches a new connected vehicle smartphone app that will help small business customers maximise efficiency, security and productivity. FordPass Pro is a dedicated new app for those who rely on their vehicles for their work, enabling them to manage up to five Ford vehicles from a single screen.
“Time is precious for small business owners, which is why we focus on delivering simple technology solutions that we know will make a big difference,” said Richard Bunn, FordPass director, Ford Mobility Europe. “The new FordPass Pro app will help our customers spend less time managing their vehicles and more time making their business a success.”
The FordPass Pro app provides the tools businesses need to manage up to five vehicles within a single intuitive interface. Features include:
- Check In on the home screen for dynamic, instant access to important information about each vehicle – for example displaying AdBlue levels so owners know when to refill
- Vehicle Location lets owners know where their vehicles are at the beginning or end of the day, and helps drivers find their vans in busy car parks or work locations
- Remote Lock/Unlock provides reassurance that vehicles and their contents are safe, enabling independent security for both the cabin and load compartment
- Vehicle Health offers visibility of key vehicle health indicators including fuel levels, oil life, and tyre pressure, helping owners reduce wear and tear and improve fuel economy
- Alarm Notification immediately lets owners know if any of their vehicles’ alarms have been triggered
- Remote Start on automatic vehicles lets owners remotely start the engine – ideal for ensuring vans are warmed, de-iced and ready for work on early morning shifts
New features and enhancements are being added to FordPass Pro regularly. Some upcoming features include a heightened security Guard Mode which will allow owners of vehicles equipped with the FordPass Connect on-board modem to be alerted about any activity in their van – including if they are unlocked with a key – providing an additional layer of security and confidence. Online Service Booking will help owners to proactively manage the maintenance of their vehicles.
The FordPass Pro app is compatible with Apple and Android smartphones and is available in the Apple App Store and Google Play store in the U.K., Germany, Spain, Italy and France, with further markets to be added in the future.
FordPass Pro will support independent and small business customers, while large fleet customers will continue to be supported with Telematics and Data Services from Ford Commercial Solutions