Having affordable travel insurance that covers your needs during an international trip is crucial, particularly after life-altering events like the COVID-19 pandemic. Travel insurance provides the cover you need in various circumstances abroad, whether that be a medical emergency, loss of important travel documents, or cover for instances when you’ve your flight.
Despite this, many people don’t often see the significance of purchasing travel insurance until they have already commenced their exciting overseas adventure – and sometimes not at all.
Companies like Allianz Travel provide various travel insurance options that align with your needs. Learn more below on when you should purchase travel insurance and the benefits of getting travel insurance ahead of time.
Disclaimer: Please note any claims eligibility is subject to the terms and conditions of the travel insurance product you are purchasing. The reasons stated in this article are indicative and not binding. It is highly recommended to read our terms and conditions to see the exclusions, limitations and conditions of our products.
You can see all of the steps regarding making claims in the Allianz Travel Terms & Conditions.
Can I get travel insurance while already on holiday?
Travel insurance can offer protection from unforeseen circumstances like travel delays, misplaced baggage, and urgent medical situations. However, it’s crucial to note that you cannot get travel insurance once your trip has commenced.
This is because a risk evaluation is a critical part of the process and needs to be conducted before a policy can be sold to you.
When is the ideal time to purchase travel insurance?
In short, you need to purchase a travel insurance product right after you’ve booked your trip. This is ideal so that you have a better overview of what the complete cost of your trip will be and the kind of cover you are comfortable with to ensure your needs are efficiently met. For example, it may be better to opt for a premium cover option if you conclude that your trip is more expensive than expected.
What are the benefits of booking travel insurance ahead of time?
There are a number of benefits to booking your travel insurance in advance. Below, we’ve listed just a few:
- More time for comparisons: analysing appropriate travel insurance products which meet both your needs and budget requirements gives you more time to compare different travel insurance options for the one that suits you best. Last-minute travel insurance purchases can cause a rushed decision which may result in a lack of adequate cover.
- A better understanding of the experiences you can enjoy with cover: if, for example, you’re interested in partaking in adventure sports during your trip, then it helps to book cover in advance to ensure you are fully aware of limitations and inclusions. For example, you may need to include Sports Cover as part of your package to avoid not being covered in the event of an unfortunate accident.
- Assessing the Terms and Conditions: many people skip over or skim-read the T&Cs of their travel insurance product. This can be a major issue and result in unwanted surprises or expectations that are not met when you discover the T&Cs during your trip. Always make sure to book travel insurance in advance (preferably right after you’ve confirmed your booking) so you have enough time to assess the Terms and Conditions of your package.
- Avoid the last-minute rush for visa applications: if the destination of your trip requires a visa, then it’s best to get that out of the way ahead of time. It isn’t uncommon that you’ll need to present proof of travel insurance before you can proceed with your visa application – while this is generally a quick process, you don’t want to leave it to the last minute.
- Avoid unnecessary stress: running around at the last minute adds unnecessary pressure and stress before your travels. Getting your travel insurance purchased ahead of time means you’ll have one less thing to stress about before what should be a very exciting buildup.
Where can you get travel insurance before your next trip?
When it comes to securing travel insurance in advance of your trips throughout the year, Allianz Travel Insurance is the company to turn to. Their Annual Trip Travel Insurance package is designed to provide comprehensive protection for all your travels lasting up to 92 days within a year.
This convenient and flexible multi-trip product offers a wide range of coverage, ensuring peace of mind for every journey you embark upon. With Allianz Travel Insurance, you can confidently explore the world, knowing that you have reliable insurance backing you up.
The Annual multi-trip product offers protection for all trips below 92 days within a year, and the cover includes the following:
- Emergency Medical Expenses
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Dental Expenses
- Loss of Travel Documents
- Hospital funds
- Personal accident
- Trip Cancellation
- Loss of Personal Money
- Baggage Loss
- Baggage Delay
- Missed Departure
- Trip Delay
About Allianz Travel
Allianz Travel has been around for over 30 years and is highly experienced in providing suitable travel insurance for each client. Allianz Travel understands the importance of being covered for any possible misfortunes you may face on your holiday. So, next time you plan a trip, be sure to reach out to the expert team for suitable travel insurance that ticks all your boxes.