Preparing for and preventing breaches have become inseparable from insuring a cyber loss and organisations must protect themselves on all fronts. In line with specialist insurer Beazley’s commitment to 360° cyber protection, international cyber
policyholders will now have access to a full suite of cyber risk management services.
Beazley has designed these resources to help mitigate the risk of a breach occurring. They include pre-breach and risk management services selected and managed by Beazley’s dedicated in-house Beazley Breach Response (BBR) Services team.
Beazley’s cyber-risk management suite includes:
• Unlimited access to Beazley’s owned and managed risk
management portal, beazleybreachsolutions.com.
• Unlimited access to online on-boarding information.
• Personalised on-boarding sessions are available for
policyholders who meet minimum premium thresholds.
• On-site incident response workshops for policyholders who
meet minimum premium thresholds.
• Unlimited access to KYND to monitor cyber risks and alert
the policyholder of new and potential risks as they arise.
• Discounted access to data protection officer (DPO) services
• Cyber policyholders who meet a minimum premium
threshold will be able to select from either a cyber
assessment or a supplier cyber review conducted by KPMG.
• Discounted security awareness training and resources by
KnowBe4, a leading provider of security awareness training
and simulated phishing tools.
• Preferred rates for DAC Beachcroft’s interactive Breach
Response Planner incident response planning tool.
• Discounted rates for the FireEye Email Security product
Raf Sanchez, international BBR Services manager at Beazley, said: “Our BBR Services team is on the front line assisting our policyholders with incidents each day. We recognise that helping them to prevent these incidents in the first place is a critical benefit to their organisations and we have therefore developed this suite of
cyber risk management services to protect our policyholders on all fronts.
“We intend to continually review and update our services to reflect changes in risks that we see in order to better protect our policyholders.”