YuLife, the insurance company that inspires life, has teamed up with Ella Mills, founder of lifestyle brand Deliciously Ella, to provide ‘life hacks’ to everyone working from home.
With millions currently confined to their places of residence due to the Covid-19 pandemic the two experts in their respective wellbeing fields came together to create simple and easy lifestyle tips to boost wellbeing at home.
These include nutrition, physical activity and mindfulness-based pointers – highlighted as follows:
1. Get moving first thing. It can be extremely difficult to feel as motivated when spending long periods of time working from home, so start each day with that positive intention – it can be just five minutes, anything to show yourself that you’re committed – and get it out of the way ASAP so that it is done.
2. Prepare food in bulk. Cooking once and eating multiple times from the same batch is an efficient way of managing time and also ensuring that you’re eating the right kind of things. Try to focus on sitting down and eating real, healthy meals three times a day, as this helps to reinforce structure.
3. Trying to create some sense of structure for your days is perhaps the most important tip of them all. As you would a normal workday, plan ahead and try to build in as many face-to-face online meetings as possible to bring a sociable aspect to that. Deliciously Ella is offering a virtual coffee room experience – pets and kids welcome – every afternoon at three o’clock via its App, to help bring people together.
4. Be mindful of your mental health throughout this period of self-isolation. YuLife is currently offering mindfulness and meditation sessions via its user-based app, encouraging people to take short amounts of time out of their schedules to switch off and tune out. A vital part of everyone’s agenda during such times.
5. Lastly, be conscious of the importance of being kind to yourself and allow time to adjust to this new routine. Take this opportunity to learn how to manage your own wellbeing both mentally and physically. Getting on top of all of the above points – physical activity, nutrition, keeping socially active and staying conscious of your mental health – will help you to harness your wellbeing and live your best life moving forwards. Ensure that this time spent self-isolating isn’t all for nothing.
These tips are part of a wider Q&A conducted between Sammy Rubin, Founder and CEO of YuLife, and Ella Mills, conducted on the 25th March 2020. For the full webinar please click on this link- here.
YuLife’s unique approach to life insurance helps cultivate healthier, happier and more productive teams in the workplace. Its app is designed to directly engage people on a daily basis and reward users for simple activities, such as walking to work or meditation. Members earn yucoin, the currency of wellbeing, which they can redeem and receive rewards with Deliciously Ella, Fitbit, Amazon, Nike, ASOS and other rewards partners.
Ella Mills is an award-winning cookery author, entrepreneur and a champion of plant-based living. Starting with her blog, deliciouslyella.com, she went on to write the best-selling debut cookbook in the UK. She has since released a further three best-selling books, amassed a social media audience of over three million people and created a chart-topping app and podcast. Her plant-based food products are stocked in retailers such as Tesco, Boots, Waitrose and Starbucks – across the country.