The Jaguar I-PACE now has a quicker charging capability, which should help UK drivers with cash to spend take a second look at the Jaguar EV.
With two Jaguar-designed electric motors at each axle, producing combined performance of 400PS and 696Nm, there’s appeal for the performance driver and rapid charging and range are the two big stumbling blocks for many UK car buyers.
I-PACE now comes with an 11kW on-board charger as standard, enabling customers with access to three-phase electricity supplies to enjoy significantly faster charging: when connected to an 11kW wall box 33 miles of range (WLTP) per hour can be achieved, (says Jaguar) while a full charge from empty now takes only 8.6 hours – ideal for overnight charging at home.
Customers using 7kW wallboxes also benefit from competitive charging capability – up to 22 miles of charge per hour, with a full charge taking 12.75 hours. When charging ‘on the go’, a 50kW charger will add up to 39 miles in 15 minutes, whilst a 100kW charger will add up to 78 miles over the same period.
Find out more at Jaguar’s You Tube channel.
I-PACE is now available with an optional wireless device charging pad beneath the ‘floating’ centre console. Wireless charging also includes signal boosting, ensuring the phone’s signal remains stronger for longer. A Smartphone Pack with Apple CarPlay® is standard, as is Bluetooth technology which can pair two phones simultaneously ensuring you’ll always be connected. The Smartphone Pack also includes Android Auto™ as standard.
Customers need no longer be concerned about data usage or buying a SIM, as the I-PACE comes with a dual modem embedded SIM (eSIM) and complimentary 4G data plan which enables unlimited music streaming via Spotify, Deezer or Tunin and map, weather, calendar and traffic updates simultaneously.
Driver assistance and wellbeing:
State-of-the-art digital technology further assists drivers and road users. Visibility is significantly enhanced with the addition of a 3D Surround Camera system as standard which provides a 360-degree digital plan view of the surrounding area and potential hazards, visible through the central touchscreen.
Inside the cabin, the ClearSight rear view mirror improves vision and convenience by ensuring the driver always has an unobstructed view of the road behind, even with three people in the rear seat or with the 656-litre luggage compartment loaded up to the roof.
ClearSight uses a wide-angle, rear-facing camera linked to a high-resolution screen within the frameless glass mirror. A small toggle switch on the mirror allows the driver to switch seamlessly between the view from the standard mirror and the camera feed.
Neatly integrated within the roof-mounted antenna module, the high-definition camera works in all conditions, including low ambient light, while a protective lip and hydrophobic coating help to repel water and ensure the camera lens remains as clean as possible.
Going electric made easy:
The Jaguar I-PACE has been designed to ensure every step of the customer journey delivers peace of mind and makes owning an electric car as easy as possible.
- With a range of up to 292 miles (WLTP) from its 90kWh battery, customers with an average daily commute would only need to charge their I-PACE once a week – depending on how you drive, the local terrain, traffic conditions etc.
- I-PACE is offered with an 8 year or 100,000 mile battery warranty.
- A range calculation tool on co.uk/i-pace jaguar.com makes it easy to see how factors such as vehicle speed, ambient temperature and climate control settings can influence the real-world range you could expect to achieve.
- Jaguar has developed the iGuide app making it simple to find and understand the key features and controls of your Jaguar I‑PACE. It also doubles as your mobile owner’s manual, ensuring the answer to any question about charging are at your fingertips.
- For queries ‘on the go’ I-PACE customers can also get help 24/7 from the I-Assistance service – at the touch of a button they’ll be connected directly to an expert to answer any queries about the vehicle.
- Every home charging point from Jaguar’s recommended partners comes smart enabled, meaning you can conveniently activate and deactivate you charging progress straight from your smart phone.
- When charging in public places the I-PACE’s charging cable locks into place as soon as the car is locked, and cannot be disconnected until the vehicle is unlocked, giving you the freedom to go about your day while the vehicle charges up.
- The Jaguar I-PACE has an Eco Mode which helps preserve range by reducing energy depletion and encouraging a more efficient driving style. It also makes subtle changes to cabin temperature, air recirculation and to a number of the car’s other features. You can override these changes by normal operation of each feature or via the menu settings.
- The I-PACE is equipped with Software over the Air (SOTA) functionality. This means Systems including infotainment, battery management and charging can be updated remotely and enable the I-PACE to continuously improve over time.
Be the first to comment