Hastings Direct has announced the reintroduction of free RAC breakdown assistance for NHS and frontline healthcare workers to help them during this third lockdown, as they continue to support the country through these critical times. Committed to supporting and servicing customers, Hastings Direct introduced a number of additional extraordinary measures in April to help keep the NHS and frontline healthcare workers on the road, and have continued this commitment since.
As well as free breakdown assistance, Hastings Direct is continuing their support including:
· Continued extra claims support for NHS and frontline healthcare workers and vulnerable customers:
o Fast tracked claims handling
o Temporary replacement vehicle (regardless of fault) to keep them moving
· Refunds of premiums for customers who are driving less during lockdown and no fee if customers reduce their mileage via MyAccount or Hastings Direct mobile app.
· Reduced prices
· Waiving of fees for changes related to COVID-19
· Dedicated team in place to support customers in financial difficulty
· Support information on the Hastings Direct website
Hastings Chief Executive Officer, Toby van der Meer said,
“We’re committed to supporting all our customers during these difficult times and recognise the extraordinary work of our NHS and frontline healthcare workers who continue to protect the NHS and save lives at this critical time.”
To share this news, customers will be notified through messages on our website and via email. For further details on these additional services read our Coronavirus FAQs.