ROCK Insurance Group has launched Tigon – an Underwriting Agency that provides insurance products to the UK Travel and Broker markets. The Tigon business was set up to enable ROCK to diversify its product range beyond travel insurance and open up wider distribution networks in the broker market. To do this, it challenges the status quo to deliver results to its clients and business partners alike and offers a personalised experience for brokers.
Tigon works with its insurer partners and underwrites the following insurance products for the travel sector and broker market:
- COVID19 Cancellation Cover (Tour Operators)
- COVID19 Cancellation Cover (Consumer)
- Travel Insurance
The strategy is to write a balanced, disciplined, and structured book of business that will provide a profitable return for its insurer partners. Tigon develops products with an emphasis on value and breadth of service and product range.
Tigon has currently launched three products:
- COVID-19 Cancellation Cover for Tour Operators: This product is offered to travel companies who take the cover out to ensure they can protect their customers’ money if their customer cannot travel due to COVID-19.
- Cancellation Cover including COVID-19 for consumers: This product is offered to travel companies who take the cover out to ensure they can protect the customers’ money if their customer cannot travel due to COVID-19 and wider cancellation perils such as accident, illness, fire or flood, redundancy etc. with an option of a benefit for COVID-19 hospitalisation in resort.
- Travel Insurance: Includes medical cover up to £10 million, cancellation cover up to £5,000, personal possessions cover up to £3,000, optional cover for golf, winter sports and more and medical screening available for pre-existing conditions. Also provides cover for: cancellation costs if a customer tests positive within 14 days of their trip, cancellation costs if a customer is hospitalised, cover if they are denied boarding due to COVID-19, cancellation costs if accommodation closes, cover extension if a customer has to self-isolate following a diagnosis abroad and cover for single trips within Europe if the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office’s advice changes for a destination due to COVID-19 before travel.
Ashley Millington, Director at Tigon Cover Services Limited says: “We are delighted to launch our underwriting agency. We pride ourselves on the experience of underwriting along with swift responses and rated security – it is our ambition to provide a truly compelling solution for the insurance industry. The stakeholders of ROCK have a vast amount of experience within the insurance market and have a good track record to support this, so we are thrilled to have their backing and expertise. Our success is dependent on our staff and our brokers convincing clients and prospective clients that price, although important, is not the only criteria for the purchase of insurance. We look forward to building successful partnerships in the broker market.”
Antony Martin, Managing Director at ROCK Insurance Group says: “We are delighted to launch Tigon Cover Services Limited as its majority stakeholders. I have worked closely with Ashley for years and know that he and the team share the same core values as ROCK in their determination, confidence and, trustworthiness so brokers will be in great hands. Tigon’s insurance products will be vital to the travel trade as it starts to recover from the pandemic. We look forward to diversifying our product range beyond just travel insurance through our affiliation with them.”
For further information about Tigon Underwriting Limited, please visit: https://tigon.co.uk/
For further information about ROCK Insurance Group please visit: http://www.rockinsurance.com/