There’s an opportunity for motor insurance brokers and MGAs to get involved with the Late Brake Show, which takes place in just over a week’s time at Manchester Central – yes, the home of BIBA. Here’s the press info, get your pop-up stand on er…stand-by.
Jonny Smith, motoring enthusiast, journalist, TV presenter and walking car-encyclopaedia, continues to embrace the thought-provoking, curious and simply unexpected as he takes The Late Brake Show On Tour to the iconic Manchester Central on 6 November.
The event promises a truly diverse range of cars that can definitely hold their own in the shadows of musical greatness will line up in the venue’s distinct setting enabling fans of the YouTube channel to see, smell and touch (within reason) the eclectic and electric cars that have featured in the show’s films. From ‘Barn Finds’ and ‘Projects of the People’ through to the very latest hyper cars and electric scooters.
The unique indoors location has been selected to ensure that there is the space to represent the all-encompassing Late Brake car-munity from in and around the north west of England while protecting fans from the changeable autumn weather.
The inaugural tour in Kent in August and then Tour 2 in Market Harborough in September have enabled fans to meet fellow enthusiasts who together fuel the Late Brake community. And fan reaction so far has been fantastic. Their support of the show and each other has been a privilege to both watch and experience.
‘Show’ cars will be announced on the Tour’s webpage and across the channel’s social pages over the coming days and weeks, but fans can be assured of a yet another brilliant celebration of auto-eclectica.
And of course, it wouldn’t be The Late Brake Show without the famous ‘tatty’ brown leather chairs making an appearance, to set the scene and frame the stage for an ‘Idol Chat’. Jonny will be settling down for a Manchester chat with Top Gear and Grand Tour scriptwriter Richard ‘Sniff Petrol’ Porter, giving the audience the chance to ask those burning questions they have always wanted to. The pair will also host the ‘Jonny and Richard Car-Pub’ quiz with proceeds going to the charity Mind.
Jonny Smith says: “It has always been our ambition to take our Tour up north and Manchester is an amazing city. Furthermore, Manchester Central is a venue like no other and we can’t wait to set-up shop there. It should be our most epic Tour yet. These Tours really are a celebration of our diverse, inclusive community which is united by our love of cars. For anyone who’s a fan of the show, this is an opportunity to see and be a part of the metal and rust in real life while showing off your own pride and joy if you fancy it. Everyone and everything is welcome to Manchester.”
All the important stuff about Tour 3 with all the detail:
Manchester Central, Petersfield, Manchester, M2 3GX
Date & times:
- 9am to 6pm, 6 November 2021
- ‘Display car’ arrival from 8am with last entry at 8.50am and cars to be displayed until 5pm due to health and safety.
- General parking arrival/departure at your discretion as long as you’re safe and considerate to others.
- ‘Display Parking’ tickets are £25 each and cover 1 vehicle and 1 adult entry.
- ‘General Parking’ tickets are £25 each and cover 1 vehicle and 1 adult entry.
- Additional passenger and ‘walk-in’ tickets are £15 each (tickets will be checked on arrival).
- Child tickets are £10 for children aged 5-15, and under 5s go free. It’s recommended that only children that have acquired your love of metal attend, otherwise they could be tugging at trouser legs every five minutes.
- Because Manchester Central is in an indoor venue, Covid safety will be of the highest priority. All visitors will be required to have available, either proof of vaccination, or a negative lateral flow test result.
Full details about the tour including more about Tour 3 in Manchester at: Tour – The Late Brake Show