The Motor Ombudsman is pleased to announce that the National Garage Star trophy in the 2022 Star Awards, has been awarded to Roadside (Garages) Kia, a family-owned and long-established dealership in Coleraine, Northern Ireland. For car insurance brands it’s always good to know which repair locations have the best reputation.
Around 1,500 online nominations were submitted by customers of Motor Ombudsman-accredited businesses across the UK in this year’s accolades – a near 40% increase compared to the number seen in 2021. From these entries, a shortlist of three businesses or individual team members was created by The Motor Ombudsman for each of the eight regions in the Garage Star Awards. The 24 finalists were chosen based on the accounts submitted by consumers as to how a franchise dealership, independent garage or body repair centre, or a staff member working for one of these organisations, went above and beyond to assist them, and whether this was a standalone or a repeated act of going the extra mile.
After reviewing the shortlisted nominations for Northern Ireland, the four-strong judging panel reached a unanimous decision to name Roadside (Garages) Kia in County Londonderry the worthy recipient of the Garage Star trophy for this region. The business was praised for their ongoing relationship with customers, their dedication to sourcing new vehicles and reducing the lead time to as short as possible, whilst also going above and beyond to deliver excellent customer service.
David Boyd, Director of Roadside (Garages) Kia, said: “We are thrilled to have won both the trophy for Northern Ireland, and this year’s coveted National Garage Star Award. We faced very stiff competition in the final few, so it was a nice surprise to have been chosen by the judges and emerge with the top prize.”
The eight regional Garage Star Award winners for 2022 selected by the judging panel, are:
- North: David Lloyd at Hayselden Volkswagen Barnsley (South Yorkshire), for his excellent communication skills when supporting customers looking to purchase a new vehicle;
- South: N.R.P Autocentre in Sheerness (Isle of Sheppey), for going the extra mile to support customers with a home vehicle collection and delivery service;
- East: Glyn Hopkin Limited in Colchester (Essex), for going above and beyond to deliver a positive and welcoming experience for customers when bringing their car in for routine and ad hoc maintenance;
- West: Okee Car Service Centre in Wellington (Somerset), for doing all they can to diagnose faults and save customers from having to pay for unnecessary repairs;
- The Midlands: Jagmaan Choudhary at Listers Honda Solihull (West Midlands), for keeping customers fully up to date with new vehicle orders, and for arranging home deliveries when needed;
- Northern Ireland: Roadside (Garages) Kia in Coleraine (County Londonderry), for their ongoing relationship with customers, their dedication to sourcing new vehicles and reducing the lead time to as short as possible, whilst also going above and beyond to deliver excellent customer service;
- Scotland: W Livingstone Ltd in Glasgow (Lanarkshire), for providing roadside repairs to customer vehicles at no charge; and
- Wales: Terry’s Auto Repairs in Wrexham (Wrexham County Borough), for organising same-day off-site vehicle collections and deliveries for customers.
This year’s contest also saw the introduction of a third Customer Service Star Award category for the head offices of Motor Ombudsman-accredited dealer, garage and body repair centre groups, which saw the inaugural award bestowed to Protyre. The Customer Service Star Award for vehicle manufacturers accredited to The Motor Ombudsman’s New Car Code went to Honda UK, with Timothy Ellis at Car Care Plan Limited named the holder of the 2022 Customer Service Star trophy for Vehicle Warranty Product Code-accredited businesses.
For more information on The Motor Ombudsman’s Star Awards, visit www.TheMotorOmbudsman.org/Awards.