Following the successful launch of Next Gen, Placing Platform Limited are pleased to announce plans for the decommissioning of the original PPL V3 platform, and to confirm that the shutdown of the Ebix system will occur, as originally planned, at the end of 2023.
As a result, all users of PPL V3 are encouraged to accelerate their cutover onto Next Gen.
Placing Platform Limited CEO, Joe Gordon said: “This is an important step for PPL and for the market. Most obviously, it removes the need for users to be trained on both platforms and for underwriters to have to respond to placements received on two platforms. It also removes the significant expense associated with running two complete and complex IT platforms, and this will allow us to invest the money saved in enhancing Next Gen. And finally, it allows the PPL team to turn its entire focus onto the opportunities associated with extending PPL for digital integrations, Blueprint 2 integration, and the data-first market.”
The closure of the platform will take place in stages.
- June 2023: PPL will issue a communication to market firms with detailed instructions and guidance for what they should do to prepare for shutdown..
- October 1st 2023: the option to initiate new placements on the old platform (PPL v3) will be disabled. (Firms may continue to enter endorsements for previously-placed risks on V3).
- December 15th 2023: the option to initiate endorsements on PPL v3 will be disabled. (Firms may continue to inquire on existing business on V3).
- December 31st 2023: user access to PPL v3 will be removed.
- Subsequently the platform will be decommissioned and all data held will be deleted.