LV is launching electric car insurance, with features like recovery to the nearest charging point as standard. Better still, a call-out to rescue your lifeless electric vehicle will NOT affect your NCD. For those owners who have outside charging pints in open plan estates, or at the back of apartments, there is the peace of mind that cables and wall adaptors are also covered.
Battery cells are covered too, even if you lease the battery pack under a separate finance deal – useful back-up.
Here’s the key points of the LV electric car insurance offer;
- Recovery to the nearest charge point if you run out of charge in the UK. Don’t worry, this won’t affect your NCD and there’s no excess to pay
- Cover for charging cables, wall boxes and adaptors for accidental damage, fire and theft
- Battery cover for accidental damage, fire and theft – even if you’re leasing it separately from the car
- Plus, you’ll enjoy a 5-year repair guarantee when you use our recommended repair service
And if you choose our optional hire car cover:
- We’ll provide the use of an electric or hybrid hire car if your green machine is off the road
Much of the usual car insurance cover is also included, even 180 days EU-wide cover, which is reassuring, as you’d have to be rather bold to risk driving from Manchester to a ferry port on the south coast, never mind heading off to Italy for an all-electric jaunt. If your car does fail to find a charging point halfway across rural France then you’ll be comforted in the knowledge that the LV policy also has £500 towards onward journey costs.
Find out more here.