ABTA – the UK’s foremost travel association launches new travel insurance product – ABTA Travel Sure, which should give consumers a degree of confidence that some rival insurers and brokers cannot match.
Best known for providing support and advice to travellers, and acting as a guarantee service to those booking and paying for holidays in advance, ABTA is taking its role one step further with the launch of ABTA Travel Sure, offering customers high-quality insurance from a trusted brand.
It is initially anticipated that ABTA Travel Sure will appeal to people with existing bookings or rescheduled holiday bookings to countries that are exempt from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s current advice against all but essential travel and require cover for COVID-19 medical expenses whilst on holiday.
Based on extensive research into what consumers want from travel insurance, ABTA’s travel insurance provides high levels of cover with its 5-star Defaqto rated products. To make the products as consumer-friendly as possible, policy wording has also been cut down by 50% and uses straightforward language that is easy to understand.
ABTA Travel Sure offers as standard all the key things consumers want from a quality travel insurance, including:
- From £5m up to £10m medical expenses per person depending on level of cover
- Over 120 sports and activities covered as standard
- Cover benefits as standard that other insurance providers may not offer or charge an optional extra premium for, including cruise cover, terrorism, missed connections, airline and supplier failures and gadget cover
- Free access to a Travel Companion app, which includes a medical translator, hospital locator, emergency numbers, medical assistance and lots more
- Free access to online Doctor via Dr Please app
- No reduction on the value of claims for lost/stolen items because of wear and tear
- 24/7 emergency helplines
- UK based call centres for sales and customer services
- Straightforward, clear and easy to understand policy wording
With 70 years’ experience in the travel industry, the ABTA brand is associated most strongly with safety, confidence, reassurance, reliability and support – the five values that have been consistently linked with the Association for the past 10 years. ABTA, in partnership with AXA, is therefore well placed to offer high quality, comprehensive insurance.
ABTA Travel Sure offers three different levels of cover across both Single Trip and Annual Multi Trip policies, with no upper age limit for single trip cover.
Ian Hall, Head of Travel Insurance at ABTA says, “ABTA Travel Sure provides a quality product at a reasonable price, from a brand consumers can trust, and its high levels of cover are demonstrated by its 5-star Defaqto ratings. We have also done our upmost to keep the policy documents short, simple and straightforward.
“In these circumstances we know that insurance has an important role to play in giving people confidence to book now travel is restarting, and ABTA Travel Sure will appeal to people who require cover for COVID-19 medical expenses whilst on holiday.”
ABTA Members will have the opportunity to promote the ABTA Travel Sure product, which depending on their level of involvement may require them to become either an Introducer Appointed Representative or Appointed Representative.
It will also be available for consumers to purchase directly online from July 15 via https://travelsure.abta.com or phone on 0330 128 0957.