When choosing an insurance company, it’s essential to do your research to find the company that can meet your needs. You can start by reading an Allstate insurance review or two. After all, Allstate is one option that a lot of people consider. However, the question remains: is it a good choice? Read on and find out what Allstate offers.
You’ll also be able to find out what the company’s customer satisfaction rates are compared to those of other insurers. At the end, you should have a good idea if Allstate is the best car insurance provider for you.
Overview of Allstate
Allstate was founded way back in 1931. It started selling car insurance using a Sears catalog. Through the years, though, the company has become one the most well-known in the entire country. Allstate is now a large insurance company that offers a variety of products, including auto, home, renters, and life insurance. It has over 16 million customers with over 175 million policies. The company also operates in all 50 states.
Aside from insuring homes and vehicles, Allstate also provides insurance for motorcycles, boats, ATVs, RVs, and even pets and special events. It’s a one-stop-shop for many people.
Allstate, though, is renowned for its auto insurance. Data from the National Association of Insurance Companies states that Allstate was the third-largest car insurance provider of 2021. Allstate also boasts of rating of A+ from both AM Best—an American credit rating agency—and the Better Business Bureau. This is a good indication that the company is reputable and reliable.
What Are the Auto Insurance Coverage Types That Allstate Provides?
You must do your due diligence if you’re considering Allstate as your next insurance provider. Doing thorough research will give you a snapshot of what Allstate offers as far as coverage goes.
As for coverage, Allstate offers some standard coverages, such as bodily injury and property damage liability insurance, collision insurance, comprehensive insurance, personal injury protection, and underinsured or uninsured motorist insurance.
However, it also offers unique coverages in the form of optional features that you can benefit from for a fee. These are:
● Accident Forgiveness: If you’re involved in a car accident, your rates will not increase even if you’re at fault.
● Best Driver Bonus: This rewards safe drivers with a discount on their rates
● Deductible Rewards: For every year wherein you incur no driving violations, you can earn $100 off from your collision deductible. You can get as much as $500 off.
● Discounts: Allstate offers a variety of discounts such as a new car, good student, bundling, anti-theft, paperless, and safe driving discounts, just to mention a few.
● Roadside Assistance: This is an optional service that you can get for a fee. It provides 24/7 assistance for flat tires, gas refills, and towing.
● New Car Replacement: If your car is totaled within the first two model years of ownership, Allstate will replace it with a check for you to buy a new car.
● Rideshare Insurance: This coverage is for drivers who use ridesharing services such as Uber or Lyft. Although this coverage is not available in all states, it is useful since it covers you while you’re transporting passengers. It is built into your policy and provides you with coverage while your app is on.
● Custom Equipment Coverage: This option is for people who have made aftermarket modifications to their vehicles. It covers the equipment that you’ve added.
Allstate also offers some add-ons like the Allstate Extended Vehicle Care, which is identical to what an extended car warranty does for you and your car. It also has usage-based insurance programs like Drivewise and Milewise.
Drivewise monitors your driving habits and lets you earn cash rewards based on your performance. Milewise, on the other hand, is a program wherein you’re charged based on how much you drive. This is ideal for people who only use their vehicles occasionally.
There are other types of coverage that Allstate offers, but these are some of the more popular ones. Remember that you should always read the full policy before signing the dotted line with any insurer to make sure you’re aware of what you’re getting into.
What Are the Customer Satisfaction Rates for Allstate?
When it comes to customer satisfaction, Allstate does pretty well. J.D. Power ranked it third in its 2021 U.S. Auto Insurance Study. In a separate survey done in July 2021, the company received an overall satisfaction score of 80 out of 100 from a pool of customers. To give you some perspective, the average score from other insurance companies was 79, while the highest was 83. This means that Allstate is doing well in terms of customer satisfaction.
Allstate has an excellent track record when it comes to satisfying customers, so you can be confident that you’re making a good decision if you choose to go with this company.
The Bottom Line
Is Allstate an insurance provider that you should try? Yes, it is. It’s a reliable and well-known company that has been in business for over 80 years. It offers a variety of coverage options and add-ons. Plus, it has an excellent customer satisfaction rating. If you’re looking for an insurance policy, Allstate should definitely be on your list of options.
Be the first to comment